Schenectady County Community College
78 Washington Avenue
Schenectady, NY 12305
Main Telephone: (518) 381-1200
Admissions: (518) 381-1366

SCCC was established in 1967 in downtown Schenectady, right near the Scotia border.The SCCC campus is in downtown Schenectady adjacent to the Stockade District. It was established in the Van Curler Hotel and has undergone numerous expansions throughout the years.105,000 square foot, five-story building to house 313 student dorm rooms for the college. It is recognized as having the one of the nation’s top culinary arts program and is well known for it’s music department as well.

When the Van Curler was purchased for SCCC it was renamed the Elston Hall after Charles W. Elston who was the original board member of the Schenectady County Board of Representatives.

In 1978 many buildings were built including the building that houses the Begley library, a television station, numerous lecture halls, and a wing for the music department. Also constructed was the Carl B. Taylor Community Auditorium.

A 1982 expansion added the Tempo Buildin. 1987 marked the construction of the Center for Science and Technology and 1992 saw the creation of a new student center.

In 2000 the Gateway Building was erected for childhood development classes and a childcare center.

In 2006 a $6.3 million dollar expansion to the Culinary Arts department began off of Elston Hall and was completed in 2007.

In 2009 a 105,000 square foot, five-story building to house 313 student dorm rooms for the college will be opened as well.

SCCC awards more than $9,600,000 annually in federal and state aid and scholarships.