North Greenbush is located in the northwestern part of Rensselaer County and border the Town of Sand Lake and the Town of East Greenbush. The first settlers arrived in 1640 and were tenants of Rensselaerwyck. I-90 runs directly through the southern region of the town. It is also outlined by the Town of Poestenkill and the Hudson River as well.
The principal stream in the town is the Wynants Kill, which rises in the town of Sand Lake and passes in a northwesterly direction through the northeastern corner of the town.
Wynantskill is located in the northeastern part of the town.
Bath is located upon the hillside and has excellent transportation facilities.
De Freestville, a hamlet in the southern part of the town, sometimes called Blooming Grove.
Places of Interest
* Bath — A former village in the town, absorbed into the city of Rensselaer in 1897.
* Defreestville — southwest part of the town.
* Eastmor — southeast of Wynantskill.
* Rosemont Park — west of Defreestville a suburb of Rensselaer.
* Snyders Corner — southeast of Wynantskill by the east town line.
* Snyders Lake — A lake near Snyders Corner.
* Van Allen Park
* Wynantskill –